How Do I Run Scheduled Backups For Sage?
Backing up your transactional data is of utmost importance if you seek complete data security. Fortunately, sage accounting software comes with an automated backup manager that simplifies the entire backup process. This schedule manager runs in the back ground and thus allowing the user to continue working on the accounting software. It is a holistic utility that in addition to managing scheduled backups also check data results for the companies at a single spot.
Sage Support Is Here To Present You With A Simple Method To Setup Scheduled Backups
The process to implement this utility is fairly streamlined. The trick is to ascertain and properly analyzing the options made available to you. Sage allows the user to create these emergency data storage in multiple locations, and there are multiple ways to schedule. Therefore, learning about these features while solving them is a proper way to fix the issue:
- Open up the accounting software and login to your sage accounts using your credentials
- Access the drop down menu by clicking on the File tab on the menu bar
- Select Scheduled backup
- Click on the Settings tab
- Input the settings as per your requirement
- Back Up Schedule: This option allows you to input how many times you want to run the back up and check data functionality.
- Company Name: This is presented as a list. Select the companies you want to apply this utility to. Once selected, all the companies follow the same schedule
- Sage 50 c Accounts: If you wish to store the data directly into the Microsoft OneDrive, put a checkmark near the OneDrive option for the companies you selected.
- File Types: Other than the default account data, you can select other file types that you want to include in the backup. If you choose “all file types”, the size of that emergency space increases.
- Backup Location: The default storage space of such backups is C:\SageBackups. Here you have an option to use alternate drives, but you will have to include the same folder there as well.
- Edit Folder: In case you are using any version beyond the Sage accounts V23, you are allowed to customize the location at a much deeper level. Click on edit folder and choose the location you desire
- Server Space limit: In case the server runs out of disk space, you won’t be able to create any backups. But, the software allows 20 GB of left space in the server hard drive.
- Once you have applied all the requisite settings, click on save to finalize.
These steps are easy to follow through. Because, in case you have any issues with them contact a technical assistance team by calling on toll free Sage Support Australia Number 1800-952-982. Once you have scheduled and created the backups, you would also have to know how to manage them. The experts might be able to help you with that.